Blockchain Developer Position. Remote, part-time
What are we searching for?
Blockchain Developer Position – Remote, part-time
We are looking for a part-time developer to work on blockchain technologies to support the operation of Collaborative Economy communities.
What is P2P Models?
P2P Models is a research project to build decentralized, democratic & economically sustainable Collaborative Economy organizations, using decentralized technologies such as blockchain. The project is 5 year long (2018-2022), EU-funded (ERC grant of 1.5M€), based at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain), with Principal Investigator and advisors from the Berkman Klein Center at Harvard University.
The project follows a practical approach, aiming to maximize our social impact through both our socio-technical research and the building of free/open source software codesigned with communities. Thus, this is an interdisciplinary research project integrated by computer scientists, social scientists, digital designers and communication specialists. We hold a critical stance towards blockchain while exploring its potential for commons-oriented communities. You can see more info on our values in the About page, on the project approach in this tweet thread, and more on our research questions in this other tweet thread.
As a developer you will:
- Develop and deploy software using cutting-edge technologies both for blockchain (Ethereum’s Solidity, IPFS, Aragon) and the web (React JS, Node.js) in an agile and free/open source context
- Collaborate with our case-study communities to build pilots and experiments. Our case-studies are currently the largest European co-op and the largest subtitle creation community
- Engage with an active, socially engaged, multidisciplinary team (social researchers, data scientists, designers, computer scientists)
What we offer
- Possibility to work remotely and part-time from anywhere, although compatible time-zones with Spain are preferable
- Flexible working-hours
- You may work remotely, with regular online meetings
- We work with a goal oriented approach
- We believe in a family life & work balance, placing life in the centre
- Joining a team that
- Values diversity and nice interpersonal relationships
- Strives to have flat, inclusive and feminist processes
- Opportunities to
- Visibilize your work internationally
- Collaborate with our international network of leading developers and researchers in the blockchain field (e.g. Aragon, Protocol Labs, Harvard, MIT)
- Training & Education: we provide funding for conferences, hackathons and training to improve professional skills
See more of the Culture, Perks and Work Conditions at P2P Models
- Proficient in code versioning tools (Github, Gitlab, etc.)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related area) or equivalent industry experience
- Interest in some of these areas: blockchain, peer-to-peer systems, decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), free/open source software, online communities, social movements, collaborative economy
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams, autonomy, critical thinking
Bonus points for any combination of these
- Experience with DAO frameworks (e.g., Aragon, DAO Stack, DAOhaus), The Graph, IPFS
- Experience contributing to free/open source projects
- Experience in social movements, activism, commons-oriented initiatives, co-ops, and/or open collaborative communities
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills, including collaboration, empathy and adaptation
- Underrepresented demographics in the blockchain field to increase the team diversity
25.000-40.000 € (gross annual salary) depending on experience and the hours agreed as part-timer.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, maximum by 5 May 2021, in order to start asap. This is initially a one-year position, with the potential for renewal depending on mutual interests and funds availability.
Interested candidates should submit to firstname.lastname@example.org the following: (1) a CV including the mention of 2-3 named references (no reference letters necessary), and (2) a cover letter explaining their motivation to apply, prior experience and future plans. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to email@example.com including in the subject “Open position: Blockchain Developer”.
If you didn’t, please check out more on our Culture, Perks and Work conditions.